Recognizes an individual or group who seeks to improve the quality of life of individuals and communities through research, policy changes, interventions, and education.
For more than 22 years, The Women’s Fund has worked to create a just and safe Miami-Dade, where power and possibility aren’t limited by gender.
Its mission is to improve the lives of women and girls through grant making, research, advocacy and education. Its vision is a community where all women and girls have equal access, opportunity and influence.
The Women’s Fund Guiding Principles
• Women and girls thrive when they have the right to safety, opportunity and self-determination in every aspect of their lives.
• When we invest in women, we are investing in the future prosperity of our community.
• We are optimistic, creative and collaborative and we seek to educate institutions to improve the status and condition of women’s lives.
• We value leadership, integrity and inclusion.
• We believe that investing in women and girls is fundamental in creating a just and vibrant society.
The Women’s Fund Miami-Dade was founded by a small group of dedicated women in order to help fill the huge funding gap for programs working exclusively with women and girls. It has created lasting impact through four powerful values:
• Convene, don’t compete. We collaborate with others and convene to leverage our power.
• Education makes the difference. We mentor grassroots organizations to help them succeed.
• Raise your voice for those in need. We speak up and advocate for those who have no voice.
• Give. We have supported more than 470 gender specific programs, touched the lives of more than 60,000 women and girls, and awarded more than $3.6 million in grants.
The Women’s Fund Miami-Dade Community Grants focus on organizations working in four specific areas:
• Elevating Women’s Economic Security
• Developing Young Women into Future Leaders
• Striving for a World Where Women Are Free from Violence
• Fostering Women’s Health